Producers.

Error message

Notice: Undefined index: v02dc in include_once() (line 1 of /home/www/z92071/marex.biz/sites/all/themes/mareks/template.php).

Champagne Pommery


Vranken-Pommery Monopole was founded in 1976 by Paul-François Vranken. Thanks to this man's vision and his passion for great French winemaking, our company has grown over the years and is now made up of a collection of exceptional vineyards totalling more than 2,500 hectares, in Champagne, France; the Douro Valley of Portugal; and the Mediterranean region.

Over the years, Vranken has joined together with three other Champagne houses, Pommery, Heidseick & Co. Monopole, and Charles Lafitte. Our group comes in second in the ranking of Champagne houses, but is the world's number-one producer of rosés, thanks to the ambrosial wines produced at Château la Gordonne, Billette, Domaine Royal de Jarras, Listel, Félicité, and Domaine de Villeroy. Vranken-Pommery Monopole also owns vineyards in the Upper Douro, home to the best port wines: Rozès, Quinta do Grifo, Terras Do Grifo, and São Pedro.

In 1857, the wool industry was in crisis, and Mr Pommery moved into the champagne trade to provide for his infant daughter. He died a year later in February 1858. The rest is history: the young widow Pommery took over the champagne business and led it on to success and glory.

Louise Pommery grew up to be a gentle, attractive, and discerning young woman. She married the count and future marquis Guy de Polignac in 1875. In 1890, upon their mother's death, Louis and Louise took over management of the company, while Henry Vasnier remained director. It was a painstaking effort for Madame Pommery to acquire the estate's first 18 hectares. Louis Pommery and his sister, the Marquise of Polignac, gradually bought up the other 282 hectares.

Madame Pommery also started the tradition of naming the cellar galleries after major world cities once her champagne reached their markets. Visitors enter through the Carnot cellar, the company's central building topped with its imposing donjon tower, which stands right on top of the grand staircase. The inside and the outside worlds were built almost at the same time. The first cellars were already in use when the Franco-Prussian War broke out in 1870. Large-scale works were inaugurated in 1878. The gardens were designed starting in 1880.

website

 

 


Fatal error: Class 'SAPE_client' not found in /home/www/z92071/marex.biz/misc/farbtastic/debug.php on line 9